Starmarine Alkaline (POT)
Powerful non-caustic alkaline cleaner
- Removes vegetable and animal oils, fatty acid and greases, whether or not hardened or carbonised.
- Applicable at low temperatures.
- Works effectively.
Packing: 20-25 Liter can, 200-208 Liter drum
Availability: ARA Range, Dubai, Houston, Port Said / Suez, Singapore
Light brown liquid. Very alkaline, contains potassium hydroxide. Suited to use on most metals, but is not to be used on tin, aluminium, zinc silicate coatings.
Specific Gravity (20oC)
Flash point (PMCC)
pH (1% Solution)
Contains approximately 7% potassium hydroxide.
For detailed information on safety and health, please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet and / or Product label
APPLICATIONS OF USE
Alkaline (POT) contains besides non-ionogene surface-active components and alkaline salts even effective solvents. This makes the products well applicable at lower temperatures (20-60oC) by means of some circulation. Alkaline (POT)is suited to remove vegetable and animal oils and greases, whether or not hardened or carbonised. Alkaline (POT) is not suited to use on zinc silicate coatings and most paints/laquers. Diluted with water to a solution of maximum 10% and at a temperature of maximum 60oC, the product is safe to use on epoxy-coatings. It is suited to use on most metals except for aluminium, tin, zinc and galvanised material.
Prior to cleaning with Alkaline (POT), it is advised to wash with hot water of approximately 80oC. In case of drying and semi-drying oils, pre-washing is to be done with cold water.
For slight oil-contaminations Alkaline (POT)can be diluted with water to a 10% solution. Heat the liquid with a heating coil or by means of steam injection to 20-60oC. Place the objects to be cleaned in the bath and allow several hours working time. Afterwards brush the objects while rinsing them with a powerful waterjet. In case of heavily contaminated objects, Alkaline (POT)is applied undiluted in immersion bathes, for example to remove old paint layers to and to clean oil and grease filters, deep fry equipment, baking ovens etc.
Depending on the amount and character of the contamination, Alkaline (POT) is to be used pure or diluted at a temperature of 20 – 60oC. Allow the product to work for 20 to 60 minutes and spray afterwards with a powerful high pressure waterjet. Warm water is preferred.
With this method, the cleaning chemicals are added to a prior determined amount of cleaning chemicals is usually 1% of the capacity of the tank is to be cleaned.
- Safe to use on stainless steel and alkali resistant coatings
- Alkaline POT is not suitable for zinc silicate coatings (strong alkaline cleaner)
- Causes severe skin burns and eye damages
- Consult the Material Safety Data Sheet
- Medical Emergency information in case of poisoning: Poison Information Center Mainz – 24h –Phone: +49 (0) 6131 19240 (advisory service in German or English language)
WASTE WATER INFORMATION
- Contains readily biodegradable surface active agents, complexing agents, potassium hydroxide and additives
- Approved by MARPOL/IMO in accordance with MEPC.1/Circ.590
Do you have a specific question about this product?