CONTROLLER OF DATA PROCESSING
CHEMTEC Chemicals GmbH
Managing Directors with authority to represent: Germany Jens Kämmle, Holger Tiedemann
“personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter referred to as “data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
“processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
“restriction of processing”means the marking of stored personal data with the aim of limiting their processing in the future.
“profiling”means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyze or predict aspects concerning that natural person’s performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or movements.
“pseudonymization”means the processing of personal data in such a manner that the personal data can no longer be attributed to a specific data subject without the use of additional information, provided that such additional information is kept separately and is subject to technical and organizational measures to ensure that the personal data are not attributed to an identified or identifiable natural person.
“file system”means any structured set of personal data which are accessible according to specific criteria, whether centralized, decentralized or dispersed on a functional or geographical basis.
“controller”means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law.
“processor”means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
“recipient”means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data within the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of such data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing.
“third party”means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorized to process personal data.
“consent”of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
PROCESSES OF PROCESSING
We collectand process the following personal data about you:
- Contact and address details if you have transmitted your contact details to us or registered on our website,
- payment details,
- vessel location,
- agent location,
- online identifiers (e. g. your IP address, browser type and version, operating system used, referrer URL, IP address, file name, access status, amount of data transmitted, date and time of server request),
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
We process your data for the following purposes:
- to contact you upon your request,
- to provide information about our services,
- to implement a contract,
- for advertising purposes,
- for quality assurance and
- for our statistical records.
LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING
The processing of your data is performed on the following legal bases:
- Your consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR,
- to implement a contract pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR,
- to comply with statutory obligations pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR, or
- to pursue a legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
Where we base the processing of your personal data on legitimate interestsin terms of Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR, these include
- the improvement of our services,
- the protection from misuse and
- the maintenance of our statistical records.
We receive the data from you (including via the devices used by you). In the event that we collect personal data not directly from you we will also inform you of the source of the personal data and, if applicable, whether they originate from publicly accessible sources.
TRANSMISSION/CATEGORIES OF RECIPIENTS
When processing your data, we work together with the following service providers, who have access to your data:
- Providers of web analysis tools
- web hosting providers
- payment service providers
- transport service providers
- agents in the context of contract implementation
- service providers
- B2B debt collection service
- tax consultants in the context of invoicing
Data are transferred to third countries outside the European Union. This takes place on the basis of the contractual agreements required by law, which are designed to ensure adequate protection of your data and which you have the right to view upon request.
DURATION OF STORAGE
We only store your data for as long as it is required to achieve the purpose of processing or storage is subject to a statutory retention period.
We store your data
- where you have consented to processing, at most until you revoke your consent,
- where we require the data to implement a contract, at most while the contractual relationship with you is in place or statutory retention periods apply,
- where we use the data on the basis of a legitimate interest, at most for as long as your interest in erasure or anonymization does not outweigh our interest.
You have the right, in some cases subject to certain conditions,
- to request free-of-charge informationabout the processing of your data and to receive a copyof your personal data. This includes the right to information about the purposes of processing, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients of the data (where data are disclosed), the duration of storage or the criteria for determining the duration;
- to correct your data. If your personal data are incomplete, you havethe right to complete the data, taking into account the purposes of processing;
- to have the data deletedor blocked. Grounds for a claim to deletion/blocking may include the revocation of the consent on which the processing is based, an objection to the processing by the data subject, unlawful processing of the personal data;
- to have the processingrestricted;
- to objectto the processingof your data;
- to revokeyour consentto the data processing for the future, and
- to complainto the competent supervisory authority about unlawful data processing.
FURTHER INFORMATION ON DATA PROTECTION
Contact form/Order form
The contact form on our website offers a simple way to contact us quickly. In order to enable us to contact you, some fields are marked as compulsory. By completing the fields and clicking “send”, you consent to your data being transmitted to us by email with the message. These data are not stored on the web server.
We have taken extensive technical and organizational measures to protect your data from possible risks such as unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, amendment ordissemination, and loss, destruction or misuse.
In order to protect your personal data from unauthorized access by third parties in the course of transmission, we secure the data transmissionsby way of SSL encryption where appropriate. This is a standardized encryption procedure for online services, in particular the internet.
Each time our website is accessed, usage data are transmitted by the respective browser and stored in log files, so-called server log files. The data sets stored during this process contain the following data: Domain from which the user accesses the website, date and time of request, IP address of the requestingcomputer, webpage(s) visited by the user on the website, amount of data transferred, browser type and version, operating system used, name of the internet service provider, notification whether the request was successful. These log file data sets are analyzed in anonymized form in order to improve the website and design it in a more user-friendly way, find faults and rectify them and manage server capacity.
Your cookie-preferences can be updated at any time: [cookies_revoke]
The following types of cookies are differentiated between:
First-party cookies:First-party cookies are transferred by the currently visited platform.
Third-party cookies:Third-party cookies are cookies which are transferred by a different provider than that of the platform visited by the user. When a user accesses a platform and a different unit transfers a cookie through this platform, such a cookie is deemed a third-party cookie.
Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are required to enable you to navigate the platform and use its functions, such as access to secure areas of the platform. Without these cookies, certain services cannot be provided, such as the display of contents adapted to your computer or your device.
Performance cookies:These cookies collect information about the manner in which visitors use the platform, e.g. which sites are accessed most often and whether any error messages are received from websites. However, these cookies do not collect any information about the identity of the user. All information collected by these cookies is combined and is therefore anonymous. It is used exclusively for the purpose of optimizing the platform.
Functionality cookies:These cookies enable the platform to store decisions you made (e.g. language and region settings) and offer you improved, more personalized functions. They may also be used to store your settings regarding text size, font and other customizable parts of the website. They may also be used to provide you with services requested by you, such as the display of a video or the comment function within a blog. All information collected by these cookies may be anonymized. Your browsing activities cannot be tracked on other platforms.
Social media cookies:These cookies are used when you click on a button on the platform to share information on social media. The social network records this act and may use it for marketing and advertising purposes.
In addition, you may prevent collection and processing of these data by Google Inc. by downloading and installing the browser add-on available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Alternatively, or in browsers on mobile devices, please click the following link: Deactivating Google Analytics This sets an opt-out cookie for our websites on your device, effective for the browser you are using at that time. If you delete the cookies in this browser you will need to click on this link again.