Liquid cleaning agent for use in immersion baths for removing partially carbonized oils
- Consists of yellow top layer and brown under layer
- Top layer contains water and a corrosion inhibitor. This prevents evaporation of the volatile components in the under layer.
- Under layer is based on aromatic and chlorinated hydrocarbons, cresols and anionic surface active substances, which remove heavy oils and most carbon contamination.
- Not corrosive on common metals.
Packing: 25L pail
Carbon Remover is a single component liquid with a strong aromatic smell. It has no flash point, but when used in immersion baths the flash point may fall in time to 80°C. Plastics and rubber should first be tested for chemical attack.
Flash point PM CC
Application of use
Carbon Remover is applied undiluted for cleaning of highly soiled components. (e.g. cylinder heads, gear boxes, pistons, oil pumps, injectors, pipes, burners, tubes, coolers, oil filters.)
Also old paint and lacquers can be removed with Carbon Remover.
Put the components in a steel bath filled with undiluted Carbon Remover and let them soak for 2 to 10 hours, depending on the degree of contamination. Then take out the components and flush clean with a powerful water-jet.
Classification according to Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008 [CLP]Mixture/Substances: SDS EU > 2015: According to Regulation (EU) 2015/830, 2020/878 (REACH Annex II)
- Carcinogenicity, Category 2 H351
- Specific target organ toxicity Single exposure, Category 3, Narcosis H336
- Aspiration hazard, Category 1 H304
- Hazardous to the aquatic environment — Chronic Hazard, Category 3 H412