A Heavy Duty liquid acid descaler with anti-foaming properties
- Remover heavy deposits of water scale and iron oxides.
- Very effective without heat.
- Inhibited to protect cleaned surfaces from acidic attack.
- Can be used on most common metals.
- Effective lavatory system cleaner.
Packing: 25L pail
Light brown liquid containing hydrochloric acid, completely miscible with water. Low foaming. Suitable for use on most common metals, except zinc, aluminum, cast iron,
stainless steel or galvanized materials
Specific gravity (20°C)
Flash point pm cc
pH (1% solution)
Application of use
Descalex Liquid is suitable for cleaning boiler’s condensers, evaporators, heat exchangers, cooling and pipe systems. It must not be used on zinc, aluminum, stainless steel, galvanized materials or cast iron.
- We recommend that a preliminary test is carried out on samples of the original scale or deposit in order to select the most suitable acid cleaner and optimize product concentration and temperature conditions.
- Where a boiler is soiled with light oil deposits, or if silicates and/or calcium are present, boiling out with Alkaline (CAUS) is recommended.
- If heavy mineral oil deposits are present in cooling system, a preliminary treatment with an emulsifying cleaner, such as HD Cleaner is necessary.
- If heavy oil deposits are present in cooling systems a preliminary treatment with the emulsifying cleaning agent Degreaser GP is necessary
- Remove zinc, aluminium, cast, iron, galvanised and stainless steel components before commencing the operation.
- Before cleaning with Descalex Liquid solution we recommend thorough rinsing with water. This will partly or completely remove loose sludge, scale, etc.
- Depending on the nature of the scale and degree of contamination, 1 Ltr. of Descalex Liquid is added to 4-9 Ltr. of water. Further dilution with water is not recommended as the excellent inhibiting effect will be reduced.
- Descalex Liquid is normally used cold. However the solution may be heated to a maximum of 55 C which will result in a quicker cleaning process.
- During the cleaning process inflammable and/or toxic gases may be released, therefore, aduquate ventilation must be provided. Avoid naked flames.
- The length of the cleaning operation depends on the thickness and type of deposit and also on the concentration of the product used. Generally speaking this period will be within 24 hours.
- After cleaning drain off the cleaning solution and neutralise with Alkaline (CAUS) outside the system.
- Rinse the system thoroughly with water until there is a neutral reaction on pH paper.
- Finally rinse with a 1% solution of Alkaline (CAUS) .
StarMarine provides a portable circulating pump and tank systems ideal for this product. Please refer to the StarMarine equipment information sheet.
Cleaning in immersion baths
Fill a plastic or plastic lined bath with a solution of Descalex Liquid in water. (1 part Descalex Liquid to 2 parts water). Descalex Liquid is normally used cold but the solution may be heated to a maximum of 55C for quicker results. Introduce the components to be cleaned into the bath and let them soak for a maximum of 24 hours, depending on the degree of scaling. Remove the components from the bath and rinse them with a powerful water jet.
Classification according to Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008 [CLP]
- Corrosive to metals, Category 1 H290
- Skin corrosion/irritation, Category 1A H314
- Skin sensitisation Not classified
- Specific target organ toxicity — Single H335 exposure, Category 3, Respiratory tract irritation